In today’s highly competitive workplace environment business executives are trying to find ways of increasing their company’s performance. There is no doubt that accurate time tracking serves as a strong basis for a company’s long-term success. But sometimes it can be difficult to choose the relevant tools and systems for it because of the wide range of choices that the industry provides. Thus, the decision-making process becomes even harder when you find out that there are numerous tools that have similar features. To facilitate your job, we have compared the best time tracking software here.
WebWork Time Tracker is an employee monitoring and time tracking software that manages your workflow to boost productivity. You can get real-time information about your employees’ activities in the form of screenshots that specify the activity level and most visited apps and websites. With WebWork Tracker you can set up an hourly rate in your billable contracts and generate invoices in a form of projects, users, or activities.
- See how your employees spend their working time by observing the apps and websites that they’re vising.
- You can assign tasks to specific employees, set priorities of tasks, specify deadlines and attach files to organize the task completion process better
- Managers are free to choose their preferred screenshot mode among the 4 options: screenshot mode, background mode, blurred screenshot mode, no screenshot mode
- Record attendance with entry and exit times and easily identify early leave and late coming by choosing it from a drop-down list
- Generate all important information about your team and projects on an all-in-one visual dashboard.
Harvest is a time tracking software designed for easy use which is available on desktop and mobile platforms. It allows you to manage projects, control costs, and generate invoices to improve performance. Above all, the application has a wide range of integrations in the field of finance & payments, communication platforms & CRM, and many more.
- Track time accurately with automated reminders.
- Optimize your workload better with project and team reporting.
- Manage costs with valuable insights from visual reports.
- Generate invoices automatically and send them to your clients.
Tick is a simple time tracking app that is suitable for both freelancers and large companies. It allows to track project budget by visually showing the completed and remaining hours for project completion. Also, it has a well-designed reporting system that can be generated by people or clients. Tick is available on Android, iOS, Apple Watch, and desktop computers.
- In-app running timers that you can select for specific tasks.
- Compare the budget VS actual to make sure your project doesn’t fall behind.
- Provides specifications on the entered time for each project and employee.
TMetric is a time tracking application with multiple features that allows you to run your business smoothly. You can keep track of your projects by setting deadlines, monitoring progress and controlling costs. In addition, it has great team management capabilities that allow you to distribute tasks, select assignees and monitor workplace activities.
- Quickly generate invoices based on the rate that you have set for your project, teammate, or client.
- Easily monitor employees’ early leave, vacations, and absence times.
- Compare different projects by viewing the summarized information about them.
- Generate reports based on data of project, client, time, and user.
Workpuls is an employee monitoring and time tracking tool that allows you to be aware of your employees’ workplace activities. Therefore, you can identify their potential and put more emphasis on the aspects that are falling behind. You can keep track of your employees’ productivity with the help of various reports that provide insightful information about their performance which are evaluated based on the required standards.
- It provides you with powerful analytics to get a full picture of how your team is working.
- The app distinguishes between different apps and websites and labels the specific ones as productive for further reference.
- The timekeeping feature allows you to access data up to two years ago, so it gives you much flexibility in terms of data analysis.
- You can record employees’ attendance automatically which saves you time and ensures the absence of any man-made inconsistencies.
Desktime is an automatic time tracking software that makes your workload more organized with its different features. It tracks the offline time, takes screenshots at random intervals of time, and monitors URLs and apps to ensure the efficient flow of workplace operations. You can manage the whole process of project completion starting from assigning tasks to setting deadlines and controlling costs.
- Simply state the hourly rate for each team member and the app will calculate the total project cost.
- The Pomodoro timer gives an efficient work-break balance, that is having a break every 52, 60, or 90 minutes.
- You can easily contact any employee using the team’s contact feature that contains the necessary information.
- Users are free to use the private time option to stop activity tracking.
Everhour is a multi-function time tracking software that assists in task management, billing, visual planning and much more. The well-structured team’s schedule lets you know who is in charge of what, how much time is spent and how you should allocate your resources. Moreover, with Everhour you can track your company’s expenses and control the budget.
- A powerful dashboard and reporting system provides you with all important information in one place.
- Fully manage invoices with features such as log changes and flexible grouping.
- Free timesheet template where you can enter the time spent on certain tasks on each day of the week.
- Set up a certain amount of budget for your project and receive email notifications when you are near crossing the limit.
BigTime is a time and expense tracking software. It is designed for consultants of professional industries such as IT, architecture and engineering. The software allows you to track and record credit card expenses, log service fees, equipment use and mileage. The BigTime wallet facilitates the process of payments by allowing you to pay with just one button.
- Its well-structured billing system allows setting custom bill rates on staff members, labor codes and tasks.
- Invoice templates can be edited by selecting specific items and details.
- The client portal gives clients full visibility over invoices and payments.
- The expense approving system ensures no billing errors and full control over the budget.
Ebility is an employee time tracking software to increase profitability. It facilitates payroll management, project estimation and work schedule. You can manage your employees’ activities with a well-structured visual schedule on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The app ensures an effective billing process with its feature of linking the invoices with accounting software.
- GPS tracking allows you to be aware of your employees’ work status, keep track of the routes and improve accountability.
- Business reports such as labor cost reports, accounts receivable and contractor reports promote the efficiency of your company’s operations.
- Manage all aspects of project tracking including task distribution, time allocation and cost control.
Apploye is a time tracking app with numerous features designed for companies of all sizes. Get full transparency over your employees’ activities with APP & URL tracking, keystroke numbers and screenshots. Save time in work schedule by assigning tasks to specific employees and monitoring your projects’ progress on a regular basis.
- Be aware of your employees’ location and working hours with a GPS tracker.
- Record attendance and easily identify shifts & leave requests with color codes.
- Easily organize your tasks and set repeating schedules with well-designed interfaces.
11. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a simple timesheet software solution that makes all time spent on a project transparently. Its biggest advantage is the fact that it only takes a few minutes to fill the timesheet, and that it does not interrupt your employees.
The main goal of the platform is to help companies grow, increase their profit and find new positive business practices.
- Time tracking – A time schedule that doesn’t take much time or effort to complete, and yet gives you all the data you need
- Reports – visual reports on the state of your company that can accurately determine the elements of your business that you need to focus on and process
- Workflow management – comprehensive dashboards that show exactly which employees, clients, and projects are crucial to your business
- Client tracking – find out which contracts aren’t working in your favor
Invoicing – an Excel integration feature that helps you create transparent invoices
12. My Hours
My Hours is an all-in-one free time tracking software modified to ease the time tracking process. It helps to get the most out of your data with powerful reporting, set up budgets, and get reminded when you’re close to the deadlines-also adding a detailed description to your time logs and expenses.
- Organizing projects and tracking the timing
- Underlining program budgeting and how much you are willing to spend
- Tracking the time and expenses with the times or a timesheet
- Setting billing rates and tracking your costs
nTask is an all-in-one project management solution with the ability to track time for projects and tasks. It allows you to create timesheets with full approval management functionality. You can track the time of a task with an automatic timer, and also insert time estimates manually.
The application is coming up with a new reporting system that gives users an ability to track performance and enables a bird’s eye view of project progress.
- In-app automatic and manual timer for tasks
- Timesheet management for the workspace, and different team members
- Planned vs actual dates and time
- Assign multiple team members to tasks
ProofHub is a leading project management and team collaboration tool with an integrated timesheet management system allows users to add timesheets, set up time estimates, track time manually or using timers, export timesheets, and archive them. It enables you to centralize all of your time data and create time reports, improving accessibility and team management, helping teams manage their time more effectively.
- Manual or automatic timer setting
- Custom time reports of people and projects
- Export timesheets for client invoicing
- Assign tasks to multiple users, set due dates and time estimates
To sum up, we want to emphasize the fact that the software that you will choose should be based on your own or your company’s specific needs. For this reason, it is important to go through all the features and understand their applications in the business setting. And our post was aimed at providing you with useful insights about the benefits that each software offers.